Scrummy blueberry muffins..

Watch my FREE YouTube videos right here.. I did just say free.

Hey all, and welcome again to my blog. To those of you that are old faces and are familiar with my wonderful blog (if I don't say so myself), and those that are all new to this jazz. Again, it's been a while since my last blog; yes 2 months. I've just been more focused on my YouTube channel this summer - and if you want to see it then simply click the link above! There's lots of vlogs from Summer trips out, holidays where I've been abroad for you to all enjoy - so go check it out! I've been busy, but wanted to prioritize my channel for the time being, but without my blog being simply forgotten!!

So, speaking of having a bit more time of my hands, we (my sister and I) made some delightful, mouth - watering, exquisite, GBBO material.. (Who else has started watching that, I'm so excited!) blueberry muffins. In case I didn't tempt you enough, they also have fruit in, so they must be healthy - ish, even just a little bit.

Help, and courtesy of 'Tanya Bakes', we followed some of her steps.


You will need: 

  • Cupcake tray
  • An egg
  • Around 30ml of vegetable oil
  • 70g light brown sugar
  • 300ml buttermilk (We didn't have any so we used either milk or butter, and it done the same job!)
  • 300g self - raising flour
  • LOADS of blueberries (We put in around 250g)



Steps:

  • Preheat the oven at 180C/350F - line your cupcake cases at the ready! The ones we had incase any of you were interested were these big flower cup cases from TIGER. Tiger has some really good baking necessities, so definitely pop in if you have one near you!
  • Mix together the egg, oil, sugar, & buttermilk - then pop in the flour after and you should then have a nice fluent batter.
  • This is when it gets exciting - pop in the blueberries, and give them a good stir within the batter so that they aren't all at the top of the batter!



  • Once placed in your cup cases, put in the oven for 20-25 minutes until they are lovely and golden brown.
  • Make sure to transfer them onto a wire rack to cool down - we found that they were better to eat when left overnight to cool!




And there you have it! So simple, but yet again so much fun to do with your family or friends, especially during the Summer holidays. It doesn't take that long to do either, so give it a whirl and try it out! (Even if you think you are terribly at baking, but practice makes perfect after all.. I promise)

Let me know what other blogs you'd like to see,

See you soon on another blog,

Lots of love,
thatgingegirl
xoxo

Comments

Popular Posts